Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 9: American Beauty and Anchorman

American Beauty



Whose Movie: Mutual Buy

Rating: Still good the second time around.
Matt and I borrowed this movie from the library about two years ago and watched it for the first time.  Then we liked it so much that when we found it in the $5 movie bin at Wal-Mart, we didn't hesitate to buy it.  This movie is very well made.  It makes you ponder on your life and your relationships.  Matt and I laughed out loud at parts.  Matt also wants to be just like Kevin Spacey's character, while I hope I never turn into Annette Benning's character.  If you haven't seen it, I recommend that you see it at least once.  It deserves all the academy awards it won.


Anchorman

 

Whose Movie: Matt's (I think) maybe mutual buy, can't remember

Rating: Still hilarious after the hundredth viewing.

Matt and I decided that we will never be able to watch this movie with someone who has never seen it, because we start laughing before the joke even happens.  There is only one scene that I can't watch, it's the flute scene, because Will Farrell isn't playing it right, and it bugs me.  I know, I shouldn't let it bug me, but it does.  I don't know why.  Anyways, I still laughed hard at everything, even though we've seen this movie A LOT.  I'm glad that it still holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment