Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 3: Across the Universe

Across the Universe



Whose Movie: Steph's

Rating: Awesome, though Matt mocked.
If I had to rank all 270 of our movies in order, I would rank Across the Universe as #2.  How can you go wrong with Beatles songs, covered well, and lots of subtle and not so subtle Beatles references.  My favorite scenes match up with some of my favorite Beatles songs.  Strawberry Fields Forever and Across the Universe.  The movie is well acted and visually stunning.  It was refreshing after weeks of watching Evan Rachel Wood on True Blood to be reminded that she is actually a very good actress when given quality material to work with.  I can watch this movie a hundred times and not get tired of it.

Next movies up are Addams Family and Addams Family Values.


4 comments:

  1. I love this movie. Wood's version of Blackbird is amazing. I can't say enough positive things about this whole movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, what movie is number one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have ever seen all of Gone With The Wind. The last time I remember watching any of it was when I was 11 or so and my mom made me. I am one of those terrible people who does not enjoy "the classics" as far as movies go.

    ReplyDelete