Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 7: Alexander Revisited

Alexander Revisited



Whose Movie: Matt's

Rating: Better than we expected
So this is a movie that we bought with neither of us ever watching it. We found it in the $5 movie bin at Wal-Mart and Matt was all "As a classicist, this is a movie I need to own." So we bought it, and Matt watched the first part, and then never finished it.  We procrastinated getting to watch this.  We procrastinated almost a week.  But we finally sat down and watched all 3.5 hours of it.  I found it very interesting.  I felt that the movie was well made, and Matt and I commented that it was almost like the History Channel got a large budget, hired A-List actors and made a movie.  We also found it funny that Angelina Jolie was the only person attempting to sound Greek.  I had to break my "no Angelina Jolie" rule to watch this movie, and it was painful.  She was in it WAY too much for my liking.  I felt that Colin Farrell did a wonderful job as Alexander, and I cried when his lover died right along with him.  I could have gone my entire life without seeing a man smashed by an elephant though.


Next up we continue the A's and return to shorter movies.  Next on the list: Almost Famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment