Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 27: Blind Side and Blues Brothers

The Blind Side


Whose Movie: Steph's

Rating: Still good the second time around.
This was one of our Black Friday finds this year, we got it for $5.   Matt was really reluctant to watch this movie at first, but he got pretty into it, but then it turned into a football movie, and he quickly lost interest.  I really enjoyed it the second time, I even cried still  :)  I think this movie is heartwarming, and I love how it's a "happy-ending" movie.


Blues Brothers






Whose Movie: Steph's
Rating: Totally Awesome!

Okay, how did SNL movies evolve from this to MacGruber?  Seriously?  My favorite thing about this movie, is the music.  The music rocks!  I always want to get up and dance whenever Ray Charles comes on and sings "Shake Your Tail Feather." My second favorite thing about this movie is the comedy.  Dan Akroyd and John Belushi were so great together.  The comedy is very subtle, not in your face like Will Farrell or Mike Myers or anyone else in recent years.  Their comedy is in a facial expression, in a movement, in a tone of voice.  This is classic comedy at it's best.  It's what made SNL great back in the 70s, and what SNL lacks now.
Two more B movies: Boondock Saints and Borat.


No comments:

Post a Comment