Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 22: Big

Big



Whose Movie: Steph's

Rating: Timeless

When we were driving home from getting dinner last night, Matt was trying to remember why he loved Big so much when he was younger.  I began naming off reasons why I loved the movie: Tom Hanks, It was funny, the piano scene, it always makes me cry in the end.  None of those reasons were why Matt loved it.  When we finished watching it last night, Matt finally remembered why he loved it so much growing up, and I agreed with him: It made you think you could grow up and work for a toy company as a job.  That's the reason why kids love this movie.  Tom Hanks gets to make money by playing with toys and then he takes the money he earns and he can blow it on stuff like giant trampolines, crazy clothes and his very own pop machine in his apartment.  The movie is all fun, but it still has conflicts, like when Tom Hanks changes after getting a girlfriend and forgets about being a kid.  And no matter how many times I watch this movie, I still tear up in the end.

Next up: Big Fish, Big Trouble in Little China and The Bill and Ted movies :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment