Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 21: Beatles: Magical Mystery Tour, Beetlejuice & Better Off Dead

Magical Mystery Tour



Whose Movie: Steph's

Rating: Not the best Beatles movie, but still fun.
So Matt's biggest issue with this movie was that it didn't have a plot, and I'll give him that.  The movie was 50 minutes of random stuff shoved together with some great Beatles songs like "I Am the Walrus," "Blue Jay Way," and "Fool on the Hill."  Other than the songs, the rest of the movie doesn't make much sense whatsoever.  Out of the Beatles movies, it's my least favorite because of it's lack of plot, but I still enjoy it because it has some of my favorite songs in it, especially "I Am the Walrus."



Beetlejuice



Whose Movie: Steph's

Rating: Awesome
If I had to pick a favorite director, I would pick Tim Burton.  I love his movies, and I love Danny Elfman's score for all his movies.  I especially love Beetlejuice.  After watching, I turned to Matt and told him that no matter how many times I see this movie, I still find it awesome.  We watched it and Matt finally was able to enjoy a movie in our collection again.  He sat their quoting lines right along with Bettlejuice. The movie will never get old.

Better off Dead



Whose Movie: Matt's

Rating: Super funny
This movie is HILARIOUS. I've seen it a couple times, but it had been a while since we last watched it, so I had forgotten most of the movie.  But, I was laughing through most of it.  Beginning with Lane's (John Cusack) obsession with his girlfriend Beth, to his mom's cooking, to "I want my two dollars!" to "Sorry your mom blew up Ricky." The movie made me laugh, even though at times it could be very random.

Next up in our collection: Big, Big Fish and Big Trouble in Little China

No comments:

Post a Comment