Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 19: Beatles: A Hard Day's Night

A Hard Day's Night



Whose Movie: Steph's (isn't it obvious?)

Rating: Fab, gear and all those other teenage hyperboles (quoted from the movie :) )
I love this movie.  It's the Beatles at the most Beatley :)  It's not my favorite of the Beatles movies, but I love it just the same.  It's an exaggerated version of the day in the life of the Beatles.  It has all of my favorite lines in in that I used to say all the time in high school.   It has great songs, and I could listen to the boys' Liverpudlian accents all day.  Now that I've watched this movie, I want to rewatch all 8 hours of The Beatles Anthology :)  Matt thought the movie was "eh" because he couldn't understand what the boys' were saying half the time.  Now I'm going to share a couple of my favorite lines :)

John: Eh, who's that little old man?
Paul: What little old man?
John: That little old man.
Paul:  Oh, that's me grandfather.
George: That's not your grandfather.
Paul: How do you figure that one out?
George: I've seen your grandfather, he lives in your house.
Paul: That's my other grandfather, this is my other one.

Paul's Grandfather: I thought I was supposed to be getting a change in scenery? So far I've been in a train and a room, a car and a room and a room and a room.

George: Those are dead grotty.

Next movies in our collection are the last 2 Beatles movies, and then Beetlejuice.

No comments:

Post a Comment