Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 29: Caddyshack and Carousel

Caddyshack


 Whose Movie: Matt's

Rating: Really funny
 

This was one of those $5 Wal-Mart buys that Matt couldn't pass up.  He had never seen the whole thing, I had never seen any of it.  All we knew was that it had something to do with Bill Murry and a gopher.  It was so much more than that.  It was super funny, it had a lot of great comedians, and the plot was great.  It was very enjoyable, and the gopher was so cute! I just wanted to hug it.



Carousel


Whose Movie: Steph's
Rating: Timeless

No matter how many times I see this movie, I cry.  I know what's going to happen and when, but whenever the first notes of "When You Walk Through a Storm" begin to play, the tears begin to fall.  I'm in love with Gordan MacRay, and listening to him sing just makes me swoon.  I can listen to "Soliloquy" over and over and over again, and never get tired of it.  Shirley Jones is great in this as well.  Of course, Matt hated this movie, and he is glad that the musicals are spread out.
Next Up: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Chicago and Clash of the Titans.

No comments:

Post a Comment